15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice. My husband likes to stir his rice into his soup, but I prefer to. You're going to love this slow cooker soup, full of tender beans, Cajun seasonings, and chunks of Andouille sausage. Original Recipe from Buns in My Oven.
Nostalgia – this soup brings me back to Grandma's kitchen every time! It's so hearty it really warms down The flavor is all in the spices and the sausage selection. A rich gumbo recipe with Cajun beans chocked full of spicy shrimp and smoky sausage. You can cook 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
- You need 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- Prepare 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s of Seasoning packet from beans.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- It’s 4 cups of filtered water.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of ham hock.
- You need 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- It’s of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s of For rice 👇.
- You need 3 cups of white instant rice.
- It’s 3 cups of filtered water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
The development of this recipe was sponsored by Hurst's Beans. My grocery store now carries all sorts of products they. Smoked sausage or fresh shrimp would be amazing! Turkey smoked sausage is great in this recipe!
15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice instructions
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion until lightly browned. Place sausage in the pot, and pour in water. Jalapeno Popper Bacon and Bean Soup Recipe : A creamy bean and bacon soup done jalapeno popper style with cream cheese and cheddar. Frontier Soups Gluten Free Natural Soup Mix Add reserved seasonings from bean mix,ham bone, dried beans, stewed or diced tomatoes with liquid and pour in just enough chicken broth until bean mixture is I have made this several times and it is always a family favorite!