Vickys Caramel Apple Upsides Down Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Caramel Apple Upsides Down Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Caramel Apple Upsides Down Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 3 of peeled & cored cooking apples – 1 thinly sliced, 2 grated.
- You need of Caramel Sauce:.
- It’s 85 g of soft brown sugar.
- It’s 25 g of Stork block margarine (gold foil wrapper).
- Prepare of Cake Mixture Dry Ingredients:.
- It’s 180 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need 110 g of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of bicarb of soda / baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Wet Ingredients:.
- Prepare 160 ml of rice milk / water – you will need 2 tbsp extra for GF mix.
- It’s 80 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
Vickys Caramel Apple Upsides Down Cake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line an 8" square cake tin with parchment paper – a loose bottomed tin is easiest for this recipe.
- Melt the brown sugar and margarine together in a small saucepan then when smooth, pour into the lined tin.
- Arrange the apple slices neatly in the sauce.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together in separate bowls.
- Add the wet to the dry.
- Mix to form a thin batter.
- Pour over the apple slices.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until firm to the touch and pulling in from the sides of the tin.
- Let rest 5 minutes then turn out.
- Slice into squares and serve with ice cream or custard. You'll find free-from recipes for both on my profile!.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad