Chicken pot pie (for two pies). Use a storebought pie crust with this easy chicken pot pie recipe for a quick weeknight meal. This chicken pot pie recipe works great with chicken or turkey and why not put that turkey to good use by making a delicious pot pie for dinner? Chicken pot pie is one of my favorite meals.
Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right. Pie Crust: I love using my homemade pie crust recipe for today's chicken pot pie. Store bought pie crust or even puff pastry also work! You can make Chicken pot pie (for two pies) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie (for two pies)
- Prepare 3-4 cups of cooked chicken chopped.
- You need 3 stalks of celery chopped.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 of small potatoes chopped small.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbls of flour.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of frozen bag mixed veggies- steamed and drain water off!.
- It’s 1 can of healthy request cream of chicken.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, parsley.
- It’s 2 boxes of pie crusts (2 per box).
Nothing says comfort food quite like a creamy chicken pot pie with a homemade whole wheat crust. All Reviews for Chicken Pot Pie for Two. My own recipe for Individual Chicken Pot Pies was inspired by Winston's favorite 'Chicken Paw Pie' Nutrish wet dog food. Goodness your Chicken Pot Pie looks amazing!
Chicken pot pie (for two pies) instructions
- In butter sauté celery, onions, and potatoes on low (add some olive oil if it sticks too much).
- Add flour once translucent, and mix. Add seasoning and broth. Bring to simmer to thicken..
- Add drained veggies, chicken, and cream of chicken. Mix well and place in pie crusts and then top with pie crust. Press and seal edges and slit on top to steam..
- Optional- add egg wash on top of crust before baking. Bake at 375 for 50 min or until top is golden brown.
The flaky crust and hearty filling has my mouth watering. I am sure sweet Winston enjoyed his dinner as well. I made this in a pinch not having any creamed soup for the chicken pot pie I normally make. This has replaced the old recipe I used. The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry.