Poppyseed and Apple Cake.
You can cook Poppyseed and Apple Cake using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Poppyseed and Apple Cake
- Prepare 6 of eggs, size m.
- Prepare 80 g of sugar.
- It’s 3 of apples for apple pies (in Germany we use Boskop).
- You need 220 g of butter.
- It’s 100 g of ground almonds.
- You need 200 g of ground poppy seeds.
- It’s 100 g of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla bean.
- Prepare of peel of half a lemon and half an orange.
- You need pinch of salt.
- It’s 4 of apples (Topaz or Elstar).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of butter.
Poppyseed and Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a baking tin diameter 24 cm..
- Peel apples, shred roughly and mix with lemon juice. Separate eggs. Mingle poppy seeds and ground almonds in a bowl..
- In another bowl mix soft butter, confectioner's sugar and vanilla pulp with salt, the lemon and orange peel. Add egg yolks one after another..
- Whip egg whites with 80 g sugar until stiff. Fold the poppy seed mix in the butter mix. Then gently fold in the whipped egg whites..
- Carefully and gently fold in the slightly squeezed out apple shred (drink the apple juice 😉 ). Put the batter in the baking tin and spread evenly. Bake for ca. 60 min, remove from the oven and let fully cool down..
- For the garnish: wash 2-4 apples and cut in thin slices (2 mm). In a large pan melt some butter, add sugar and caramelize the apples. Decorate the cake with the soft slices..