Carrot Chiffon Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze.
You can cook Carrot Chiffon Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze using 26 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Carrot Chiffon Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Prepare of THE CAKE.
- Prepare 7 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 2/3 cup of canola oil or any flavorless oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of smooth, unsweetened applesauce.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely grated carrots.
- It’s 2 tsp of grated lemon zest.
- It’s 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need of CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE GLAZE.
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 2 tbsp of salted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of whole milk, more if needed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped nuts, I used pecans, walnuts and peanuts.
- It’s of ACCOMPANIMENTS.
- It’s of fresh raspberries and blueberries.
- It’s of fresh whipped cream.
Carrot Chiffon Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Have a ungreased tube pan ready..
- Separate the eggs putting the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a smaller bowl.
- Whisk together until quite smooth the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, Slowly add granulated sugar and beat until it forms firm peaks.
- Add yolks, applesauce, oil and vanilla to flour mixture, beat on low 1 minute then increase speed and beat on high for 3 minutes until very well blended.
- Add the carrots and lemon zest and beat until well incorporated about 30 seconds.
- Fold 1/4 of the whites into the yolk batter, then in 3 more additions fold in the remainin whites. Take care not to deflate to much but fully incorporate ingredients.
- Pour into tube pan. Bake about 60 minutes until deep golden brown and the top will have cracks that look moist. Cool completely upside down on a bottle, see picture below.
- When cake is cool run a thin sharp knife all around cake, including center of tube. Invert to realease cake on plate..
- MAKE CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE GLAZE.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar, milk, vanilla a cinnamon on low until combined then increase speed to medium high and beat until a spoon able glaze consistancy. Add drops more of milk only if to thick.
- Spoon over cake, smoothing with off set spatula and allowing excess to run down sides. Sprinkle nuts on immediately while glaze is soft.
recipe by fenway @cookpad