Scrumptious Apple Cake.
You can cook Scrumptious Apple Cake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Scrumptious Apple Cake
- Prepare 300 g of plain flour, sifted.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 280 g of granulated or caster sugar.
- Prepare 260 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of red apples, peeled and chopped into roughly 5mm cubes.
Scrumptious Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 180c..
- Next line a springform cake tin with greaseproof. Rub some butter on the bottom of the tin and cut the greaseproof pepper to fit into the cake tin..
- Combine the flour, spices, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and mix well..
- In an another bowl combine the oil and sugar and mix then whisk in the eggs and vanilla..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined. Then stir in the apples. I added a little drizzle of oil at this point to combine the apples easier as it was quite a dry mixture..
- Pour into the cake tin..
- Bake for approximately an hour but check every 5 minutes or so from 50 minutes onwards. Using a toothpick or skewer if inserted into cake and it comes out clean then it's done. Mine took 65 minutes to cook..
- Allow to cool for 30-60 minutes in tin before attempting to remove it from cake tin. To turn the cake over, sandwich it in between to plates and turn it over..
- If using, dust with icing sugar. Can be served with thick cream but it's perfect as it is with a cup of tea..