You can have Jambalaya (Vegan) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jambalaya (Vegan)
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of diced bell peppers (any color will do).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of diced onions (I use white onion).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of diced celery.
- You need 1 packages of tofurky sausages.
- It’s 2 cup of imagine organic no chicken stock (or veggie stock).
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of basil.
- It’s 2 cup of rice.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (optional).
- You need 1 of creole seasoning (tommy chacheres).
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
Jambalaya (Vegan) instructions
- Dice all vegetables and the package of tofurky sausages..
- Once thats done, drop the olive oil into a decent sized pot and put it over medium heat..
- Once oil is hot, add onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic and sausages and saute for about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Next add the basil and parsley to the mix followed by the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and stock..
- Next drop the rice in. If using brown rice you may need to cook a bit longer/add more water over time..
- cook uncovered and stir occasionally until the rice is tender usually about a half hour or so..
- Once rice is tender add salt, pepper and creole seasoning to taste. If you like iy a bit on the hotter side you can dice scotch bonnet peppers into the mixture or add a squirt of your favorite hot sauce..
- Garnish with parsley.
recipe by RobIsNerdy @cookpad