Ades Dorset Apple cake.
You can cook Ades Dorset Apple cake using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Ades Dorset Apple cake
- You need 8 oz of butter, softened, plus extra for greasing.
- It’s 8 oz of castor sugar, plus extra for dredging.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need 8 oz of self raising flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 oz of ground almonds.
- It’s 1 lb of cooking Apple's, peeled, cored, chopped and.
- You need of Tossed in the juice of 1 lemon.
- You need of To serve, Clotted or whipped cream.
Ades Dorset Apple cake instructions
- Pre heat oven to 180C / gas 4. Grease and line (with greaseproof paper) a 10 inch springform cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy, add the beaten eggs one at a time, if mixture splits add a spoonful of flour and stir..
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold into mixture along with the ground almonds, add the chopped apple's and stir until well mixed..
- Spoon into prepared tin, smooth top with back of spoon. Place on middle shelf of oven, cook for 1 hour or until skewer or toothpick inserted in to centre of cake comes out clean. If cake starts to overcolour cover with a piece of damp greaseproof paper..
- When cooked remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin. Dredge with castor sugar..
- Cut into wedges and serve with your choice of cream..
- Look out for my own 'Dorset Apple cake' recipe..