Vegan Japanese Curry.
You can have Vegan Japanese Curry using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vegan Japanese Curry
- You need 100 g of eggplant.
- It’s 150 g of potato.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot (or 1 small carrot).
- It’s 1 of medium tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 of large okura.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 170 g of extra firm tofu.
- You need of parsley (optional).
- You need of cooked rice.
Vegan Japanese Curry instructions
- Wrap the tofu with paper towel to drain water for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450°F..
- Place the sliced tofu to the baking tray and bake them for 25 minutes..
- Chop the ginger and garlic. Slice onion..
- Heat the pot over low to medium heat. Spread the olive oil. Once the pan has heated, add ginger, garlic, and onion. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Peel the carrot. Chop the eggplant, potato, peeled carrot, and tomato into bite-size pieces as shown in this picture..
- Add the eggplant, potato, carrot, and tomato to the pot. Add the baked tofu, vegetable broth, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, and salt. Cover and boil for 15 minutes..
- Wash okra and cut off the stem. Peel off the streaks near the heather. By peeling off this torso, you can eat the okra's head part deliciously..
- Boil the water. Once the water has boiled, add 1/2 tsp of salt. Add the okura and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. (If you use small okura, boil for only 2 minutes.).
- Drain the okura and set aside. Garnish the curry with cooked rice, parsley and boiled okura. Enjoy!.
recipe by Yuki Ji @cookpad