Pumpkin Hand Pies.
You can cook Pumpkin Hand Pies using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Prepare 1 of – 15 oz . can pumpkin ( not pie filling).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tsp of water.
- Prepare 2 of pkg. refrigerated pie crust ( I made my own ).
- You need 1 of flour for dusting.
Pumpkin Hand Pies instructions
- Preheat oven to 425º. In a medium bowl. Whisk together pumpkin, both sugars, spices, 1 egg and cornstarch. Stir till well mixed..
- On a floured surface lay out pie crust. Cut out rounds. An empty 15oz. Tin works perfectly.Reroll scraps same thickness. You should get about 15 pies..
- Using rounds pair them up. Then place about 1 Tbsp. Of filling in the center of rounds. Top with second round. Pinch & seal edges all around with a fork. Place on non stick cookie sheet..
- Beat second egg with water to make egg wash. Brush each pie with the wash. Sprinkle each pie with sugar. You can use colored sugar. If you want to. I mixed white and orange together..
- Bake at 425º . Until golden brown about 12-15 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes.let pies cool store in airtight container..