No-Bake Carrot Cake.
You can cook No-Bake Carrot Cake using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of No-Bake Carrot Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- You need 2 cups of shredded/grated carrots.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour sifted.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 3 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of all spice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare 100 g of cream cheese softened.
- You need 2 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon/calamansi juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
No-Bake Carrot Cake step by step
- Prepare all the dry ingredients for the cake. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice in a bowl and mix..
- Prepare all wet ingredients in a separate bowl: brown sugar, oil, 2 tablespoons melted butter (leave about 1 tbsp to brush the inside of the pot/cooker), yogurt, vanilla extract, and mix well. Add beaten eggs slowly while mixing..
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix. Add shredded carrots and chopped walnuts..
- Brush melted butter along the insides of the rice cooker's pot. Pour batter and press cook. Once it pops to warm, wait for about 10-15 minutes and press button back to cook. One might also need to flip the cake upside down using a plate to cook the other side. Depending on how hot the cooker gets, it might take a few more presses of the cook button for the cake to be fully ready. Make sure to check with a toothpick or a fork to see if it comes out clean. Once done, put on a rack to cool..
- While the cake cools, make the cream cheese frosting. In a bowl add softened cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, half a cup of yogurt, vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix well..
- Once cake has cooled down, top it with the cream cheese frosting and serve..
recipe by Missus C @cookpad