You can cook Quiche using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quiche
- Prepare 1 of pie crust (can use packaged pie dough in the refrigerated sect.
- It’s 4 of large eggs (beaten).
- It’s 1/2 cup of half-and-half.
- You need 1 cup of skim milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sliced green onions (2).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/9 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 dash of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cooked ham (chopped, about 3 1/2 oz).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded swiss cheese (or cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or.
- You need 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
Quiche step by step
- Prepare and roll out the pie pastry. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired. Bake the pie crust at 425°F for about 10 minutes (you can follow the package directions)..
- REDUCE the oven temperature to 325°F..
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the eggs, half-and-half, milk, green onions, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in ham. In a small bowl, toss together the cheese and flour. Add to egg mixture; mix well..
- Pour egg mixture into hot, baked pastry shell. Bake in the 325°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
recipe by Firl Family Recipes @cookpad