Sweet potato curry pie. Curry powder is a blend of many spices and the flavor varies with the blend and various spices used. Those labeled "Madras" are hotter than those simply labeled curry powder. A hearty and warming sweet potato chickpea curry recipe.
Pick the coriander leaves and finely slice the stalks. Keywords: vegetarian curry, sweet potato curry, red curry, yellow curry, curry paste. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and I'm obsessed with sweet potatoes and this looks AMAZING. You can cook Sweet potato curry pie using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato curry pie
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of onion, minced.
- Prepare 1 of habenero (or other chili pepper), minced.
- Prepare 16 oz of cubed sweet potato.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground tumeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked chicken, chopped.
- Prepare 5 oz of plain Greek yogurt.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough (Sweet Hawaiian, if you can find it!).
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
I love how the potatoes are the bulk of the meal, rather than meat in other kinds of curries. This Sweet Potato Curry is a one-dish wonder that grants you immunity from even the most gluten-averse, meat-abstaining, fat-conscious houseguests. Add chile, if desired, and lime juice to curry and spoon over rice. Sweet potato curry – Simple, quick, healthy & delicious sweet potato curry made in South Indian style.
Sweet potato curry pie instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large pan and sauté minced onion, garlic, and chili for 2-3 mins over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the spices and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Add chicken broth and vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 mins or until vegetables are almost tender..
- Stir in Greek yogurt and cooked chicken..
- Taste test! Add salt or more spices if needed. If you’d like the sauce thicker, add some tapioca starch. If you’d like it thinner, add more chicken broth or water..
- Spoon into a casserole dish (or if you’re feeling fancy, into four individual croquettes). Cover with the unrolled (but intact) Pillsbury crescent roll dough. This works especially well if you use an oval-shaped casserole dish, otherwise you may need to rearrange a bit. If you’re using individual croquettes, two triangles per croquette works well..
- Beat egg with milk and brush onto crust. Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown, and serve!.
Sweet potatoes are rich in iron, vitamin B, C, D and have many health benefits. They are good for peole of all age groups. This Vegan Thai Curry Pie tastes amazing, you have to give this a go, this recipe is sure to impress ! It is rich, sweet and hearty, with tomatoes providing a balancing acidity and the curry paste bringing uncompromising fire. Sweet potatoes are something I crave especially when the weather cools off, and this sweet potato chickpea curry recipe is a new favorite way to enjoy them.