My Family's Favorite Kansai-style "Modan" Okonomiyaki.
You can cook My Family's Favorite Kansai-style "Modan" Okonomiyaki using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Family's Favorite Kansai-style "Modan" Okonomiyaki
- Prepare 150 grams of ★Okonomiyaki flour.
- Prepare 170 ml of ★Water.
- It’s 2 of ★Eggs.
- Prepare 450 grams of Cabbage (roughly shredded).
- You need 3 tbsp of Red pickled ginger.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Frozen corn kernels.
- You need 10 of stalks, each about 10 cm long Green onion.
- You need 2 of Mochi cakes (diced).
- It’s 1 of Peeled shrimp.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Tempura crumbs (I purchased mine from a local udon restaurant ♪).
- It’s 8 of to 10 leaves ☆Shiso leaves.
- It’s 1 pinch of per pancake ☆Shredded cheese.
- Prepare 250 grams of divided into 4 portions ☆Chinese style noodles.
- Prepare 200 grams of ☆Pork.
- It’s 4 of ※Egg.
- You need 1 of Tonkatsu sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of Aosa seaweed.
- It’s 1 of Bonito flakes.
- It’s 1 of to spread on the griddle Vegetable oil.
My Family's Favorite Kansai-style "Modan" Okonomiyaki instructions
- Put the ★ ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well in large circling motions..
- Add all the ingredients in order up to the tenkasu, starting with the cabbage! I put a lot of tenkasu and corn. Use the other additions as reference..
- Mix with a ladle, and pour on an electric griddle in 4 portions. Top with the ☆ shiso leaves and cheese in that order..
- Divide the Chinese noodles into 4 portions and lay the cheese and shiso. Layer on plenty of pork slices..
- While you're laying the ingredients on top the pancakes, it should brown nicely, so flip them over..
- When the pork is cooked through and lightly browned, flip the pancakes again..
- Flip again once more, crack eggs on the griddle, and place a pancake on each egg, with the meat side down..
- Flip them over again – they should look like this (The eggs should be soft-set)..
- Top with sauce, mayonnaise, aosa seaweed and bonito flakes to taste, and they're done..