Crepes (pancakes) bake.
You can have Crepes (pancakes) bake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Crepes (pancakes) bake
- Prepare of Pancake base recipe (savoury or sweet).
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 500 ml of milk (make it vegan by using alternative milk).
- Prepare 500 g of flour (plain flour ideally 00 type).
- Prepare of For bechamelle.
- Prepare 100 g of flour.
- It’s 100 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 l of milk.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- It’s of Ragú (bolognaise sauce) OR.
- Prepare of Ham OR.
- You need of Mushrooms OR.
- Prepare of Spinach.
- You need of Parmesan (no matter which filling you chose).
Crepes (pancakes) bake instructions
- Start by making the crepes base. Mix eggs and milk together. Add the flour slowly (sift it if you want) in small batches until all mixed together. Mix well. Cover and leave in fridge for 30 min to make the lumps disappear..
- Meanwhile make the bechamelle: warm the milk on low heat (this helps to avoid lumps). in a pot put the butter and let it melt but not burn. Add the flour and leave it to make a lump which we call ‘roux’..
- Start to add the milk slowly so that you don’t create lumps. Make sure that you are on low heat. When you are almost done with the milk add salt and nutmeg too. We want the bechamelle to be very liquid as the further cooking will change the consistency. Leave on low heat for 10/15 minutes so that the flour is cooked..
- Revive the pancake mix by mixing it together with a spoon scraping well the bottom. Put a tiny bit of butter (or vegan butter) to the bottom of the pan and make crepes a bit at the time in a non stick frying pan. Double the pans for speed. You know that it’s time to turn the crepes when the edges are peeling off from the pan as in the picture below..
- In an oven proof dish, use some butter to lay the bottom so that it won’t stick. Lay the crepes and add the bechamelle, your filling and close the edges of the crepes.
- When you are done finish by covering the crepes with bechamelle, leftover of the filling and Parmesan. You can now cover and keep these in the fridge until you are ready to cook them or even freeze them..
- When ready cook in oven on 180 degrees for 15/20 min.
recipe by Gaia Riva @cookpad