Caramelized Apple Cake.
You can make Caramelized Apple Cake using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramelized Apple Cake
- It’s of Caramelized Apples.
- Prepare 1 of Apple.
- It’s 40 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It’s of For the batter:.
- It’s 150 grams of Plain white flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 150 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 120 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla oil (extract).
Caramelized Apple Cake step by step
- Bring the egg and butter to room temperature. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside..
- Leaving the peels intact, cut the apples into fourths, remove the seeds, and cut each fourth into 6 thin slices (24 slices in total)..
- Put the sugar in a frying pan and cook while stirring on a medium-low until it becomes a rich brown..
- Add the apples, shake the pan and flip the apples to coat them completely. When the apples turn brown on both sides, turn off the heat and let cool..
- Using a spatula or chopsticks to mix the caramel is a little difficult, so I just shake and flip..
- Line your pan with parchment paper..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and set the timer to 40 minutes..
- Whip the butter with a whisk until it turns white. Add the sugar in 4-5 portions and knead into the butter until fluffy..
- Beat the egg well, then mix it into the sugar and butter in 5~6 parts. Don't add it all in..
- Add the sifted dry ingredients all at once and mix well until fluffy and no longer powdery..
- Add a couple drops of vanilla and knead well..
- Arrange the caramelized apples into the pan from Step 6 into a single layer. Don't add any remaining juice or caramel..
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Drop from a few centimeters up 2~3 times to remove any air bubbles from the batter..
- Bake for about 35 minutes. If the surface is nicely browned and a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, it's ready..
- When it has cooled, flip the cake out of the pan and onto a plate. Wrap with plastic and let cool..
- It's good while still warm, but it tastes even better if you let it sit in the refrigerator overnight..