Rice pudding with rhubarb and ginger – vegan.
Ingredients of Rice pudding with rhubarb and ginger – vegan
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown rice, rinsed and drained (and soaked for at least 30 mins if possible).
- You need 2 cups of milk of choice – i usually use 1 can of coconut milk and top up with water; or 2 cups almond milk.
- It’s 1/2 of vanilla bean, scraped – you’ll add the seeds and the pod.
- It’s 5 of green cardamom pods, crushed – or 1/4 tsp ground cardamom.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick – nice to have, not essential :).
- Prepare of For the rhubarb – this makes quite a lot of fruit so it can be reduced.
- You need 4 stalks of rhubarb, chopped into small chunks.
- Prepare 4 cm of chunk ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Prepare of Zest of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 squeeze of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of and maybe more of water.
Rice pudding with rhubarb and ginger – vegan step by step
- For the rice pudding: put everything in a pan (with a lid.) Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for about 30mins until the rice is cooked and tender. Add more liquid if the mix runs dry. When it’s ready, lift out the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean (and cardamom pods if you can find them) before serving..
- For the rhubarb: put everything in a pan and simmer until the rhubarb is tender about 15-20 mins..
- Serve the rice with the rhubarb on top or on the side and enjoy ?.
recipe by Alessandra @cookpad