Date and coconut rice – vegan.
You can have Date and coconut rice – vegan using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Date and coconut rice – vegan
- Prepare 1 cup of brown rice, rinsed and soaked (even if just for 30 mins).
- It’s 1 (400 g) of can light coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of water – maybe a little more/ less.
- You need 7 of green cardamom pods, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated creamed coconut (desiccated coconut would work too).
- Prepare 4-5 of dried dates, soaked in water if they are very dry – chopped into small pieces.
Date and coconut rice – vegan instructions
- Put the rice, coconut milk, most of the water, cardamom and ginger in a pan. Bring to the boil. Simmer until the rice is cooked – about 40-45 mins. Add a little more water if needed..
- When the rice is almost cooked, stir in the grated coconut and most of the dates..
- Serve with a little more coconut grated on top and the rest of the dates. Enjoy 😋.
recipe by Alessandra @cookpad