Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan.
You can make Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan
- You need of For the rice:.
- You need 750 ml of liquid – for eg 1 400ml can of coconut milk + water or half soy milk and half water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice – fill the cup to the top not just to the measuring line; rinsed and soaked for at least a few hours, drained.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of rosewater.
- It’s of For the apricots:.
- It’s 4 of apricots, fresh or frozen or dried – if using dried apricots, use about 15-20 – roughly chopped.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 150 ml of just boiled water.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of rose water.
- It’s of To garnish – nice but not essential.
- You need of some crushed pistachios or flaked almonds (toasted or untoasted).
- It’s of some edible rose petals.
Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan instructions
- In a large pot (with a lid for later), heat the milk/ water, vanilla and cardamom. Bring to a boil..
- Add the rice and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer until the rice is cooked and soft – about 45 minutes. Make sure the rice doesn’t dry out: add some just boiled water if it does..
- In another pan (with a lid for later), on a medium-low heat, bring the apricots, lemon juice, water and cardamom to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 10-15 mins until the apricots are soft. If you’re using dried apricots, you may need more water..
- Back to the rice: when the rice is cooked, stir through the maple syrup and then the rose water. Add the rose water gradually to your taste..
- When the apricots are soft, take the pan off the heat and add the rosewater… again to your taste..
- Spoon the rice pudding into bowls. Add the apricots on top. And sprinkle with the rose petals/ nuts. Enjoy 😋.
recipe by Alessandra @cookpad