Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free).
You can make Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free)
- It’s 450 ml of Thai glutinous rice (will cook with 1.2times of liquid).
- Prepare 6 of fresh pandan leaves.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (400ml) devided into half amount.
- You need 40 g of raw brown sugar.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds for garnish.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar(for coconut milk sauce).
- You need 1 Tsp of cornstarch.
Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free) step by step
- Cut the fresh pandan leaves into small pieces using scissors. Using stick blender, make a green smoothie out of the leaves adding 1/4 cups of water. Using a tea strainer and spoon get lid of pulps and save the green liquid in a measuring cup..
- In the measuring cup with green liquid, carefully add water up to 540ml in total..
- Wash glutinous rice until the water runs clear. Drain water from the rice. In a cooking pot, add the washed rice and the 540 ml of green liquid together and soak for 30min..
- 〈Making coconut milk sauce〉In a small cooking pot, add in 200ml of coconut milk, 1Tbsp of sugar and 1 tea spoon of cornstarch. Heat them with medium low heat until thickened. Set aside and cool the sauce..
- 〈Making raw sugar syrup〉Crush the raw sugar if it’s lumpy and make it powdery. Add small amount of water and cook with medium heat until thick. (It tastes the same as Japanese “kuromitsu"sugar syrup. You can buy it at Japanese grocery).
- After soaking rice for 30min, cook the rice with medium heat. When boiled reduce the heat to low heat and cook until all the water disappear. (You can use rice cooker if you have.).
- When rice is cooked in the pot, mix in 200ml of coconut milk while the rice is still hot. Put all the rice-coconut milk mixture into a cake mold and steam it with high heat for another 20-30min in a steamer until you see no liquid.(You can omit the steaming procedure if you are using rice cooker. If so, just mix in the 200ml of coconut milk in cooked rice and leave until it is not watery.).
- Scoop out the rice about a size of 1 icecream scoop. Make a little hole and put the raw sugar syrup inside the hole and drizzle over cooled coconut sauce. Top with sesame seeds for garnish..
- It tasted really good. Save the leftover rice and coconut milk sauce in fridge. Warm the rice with microwave when you eat..
recipe by Earth @cookpad