Date and Nut Pin wheels.
You can make Date and Nut Pin wheels using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date and Nut Pin wheels
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 250 grams of Dates (pitted).
- Prepare 200 grams of Mixed Nuts.
- Prepare 225 grams of Sultanas.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Maple Syrup (Honey or Agave Syrup can be used as a substitute).
- Prepare of Biscuit.
- It’s 200 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 30 grams of Light Musocvado sugar.
- Prepare 65 grams of Butter (salted/unsalted your choise).
- You need 1 pinch of of salt (do not use if using salted butter).
- It’s 2 tbsp of water (to bring the dough together if needed).
Date and Nut Pin wheels step by step
- Put the mixed nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times to break them down a bit..
- Add the Dates, Sultanas and Maple syrup and process until the mix almost balls in the processer. (you know what I mean).
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with Cling film and place in the fridge for an hour to chill. (a couple of millimeters thick).
- In the cleaned processer bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter and salt..
- 5. Process the mixture, adding the water as necessary until it just comes to a dough ball..
- 6. Remove from the bowl to a flowered surface and knead for a few minutes..
- 7. Wrap the biscuit dough if cling film and rest it in the fridge for ½ an hour..
- 8. Roll the rested dough on a flowered surface to the same thickness as the date and nut filling..
- 9. Place the filling on the dough leaving 1 cm of dough exposed..
- 10. Starting at the exposed edge of dough roll the sheet of dough and filling (like a swill roll)..
- 11. Cut the roll into 1cm slices and place onto a baking tray lines with greaseproof or baking parchment..
- 12. Bake for 15/20 minutes at 170ºC (for a fan Oven), or until golden..
- 13. Place on a wire rack to cool before you get wicked and eat them all. Hot, hot, hot..
recipe by Bobkeogh @cookpad