Super Moist Carrot Cake.
You can make Super Moist Carrot Cake using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Super Moist Carrot Cake
- Prepare of eggs room temperature.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- Prepare of coconut oil.
- It’s of white sugar (less sweet:1 1/8 cup).
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of all purpose flour (250 gr).
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of shredded carrot (small shredded) 240 gram.
- Prepare of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare of chopped walnut (115 gr).
- It’s of canned crushed pineapple (I don’t use the syrup). From canned pineapple chunks, i chopped to smaller size as I cannot find canned crushed pineapple.
- You need of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- You need of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of icing sugar (original recipe is 2 cups but i like it not too sweet) sifted.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of Lemon juice/zest (optional).
Super Moist Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven 175 celcius. Grease and flour 2 8” round pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple.
- Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well..
- Divide the batter into 2 portions. Pour each portion into prepared pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Check with toothpick..
- Allow the cake to cool before assembling the cake with cream cheese frosting.
- For cream cheese frosting: beat cream cheese and butter with mixer until creamy. Mix in the vanilla extract and the icing sugar gradually. Add lemon 🍋 juice/zest if using. Tips: if the frosting is too sweet, lemon juice will balance the sweetness and add a nice flavour too..
- Assemble the cake: take half of the frosting, spread it on 1 cooled cake. Put another cake on top and spread the remaining frosting all over the cake. Keep in the fridge for few hours before serving.
recipe by purple_acied @cookpad