Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan.
You can cook Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown rice, rinsed and soaked (for at least 30 mins… longer if possible) and drained.
- You need 2 cups of the milk of your choice (be prepared to add more if the rice dries out… especially if the rice isn’t soaked).
- It’s 7 of cardamom pods, lightly crushed (use the back of a knife) – you need to take these out before serving or at least be ready to put them to one side if you find them in your bowl!.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 of vanilla pod.
- You need 1/2-1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s of For the blackberries.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of blackberries.
- It’s 1/2-1 tbsp of water.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- You need 1 squeeze of lemon – optional.
- You need of some flaked almonds to sprinkle on top if you like.
Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan step by step
- Put the rice and milk in a pan on a medium heat. Add the spices – for the vanilla, scrape the seeds out and add the pod too. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 – 30 mins..
- For the blackberries: put the blackberries and water in a pan. Simmer over a low-medium heat for about 5 mins. Then add the cardamom and simmer for another couple of minutes. If you have a lemon handy, squeeze some juice onto the blackberries..
- Take the cinnamon stick, vanilla pod and cardamom pods out of the rice pudding. Stir through the maple syrup. Serve with the blackberries. Enjoy 😋.
recipe by Alessandra @cookpad