Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan.
You can cook Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan
- You need 1/2 cup of black rice, soaked overnight.
- You need 1/2 can of coconut milk, full fat or low fat… and you can use extra as a garnish.
- It’s 1 cup of water – maybe more.
- You need 1/2 of vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- It’s 1 handful of coconut flakes.
- You need of For mango topping:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mango chunks.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of ginger powder.
- It’s of Some water.
Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan instructions
- Soak the rice overnight in about 2 cups of water..
- Drain the rice and place in a pan with the coconut milk, water and vanilla pod. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Stir regularly. Cook for about 45 mins or until the rice is tender. You want a little liquid left. If the liquid dries out, add a little more water..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 160 C. Put the coconut flakes on a baking tray and toast for 5-10 mins until they are just turning golden brown..
- To make the warm mango topping, add the mango chunks to a small pan with a splash of water and the ginger powder. Cook over a low to medium heat for about 10 minutes – the mixture will bubble and reduce. Add a little more water if it dries out. If you’re not warming the fruit, chop it up ready to serve..
- When the rice is cooked, stir through the salt and the maple syrup or sugar. (Don’t forget to take the vanilla pod out before serving 😁).
- Serve the rice, topped with the coconut and mango (or your fruit of choice). Add some more coconut milk if you like and enjoy!.
recipe by Alessandra @cookpad