Vegan cheesy beans and rice.
You can have Vegan cheesy beans and rice using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan cheesy beans and rice
- Prepare 1 tin of pinto beans rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1/4 of onion finely diced.
- It’s 1 knob of vegan butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of english mustard powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine (I use dry organic).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 cup of cooked rice of choice (I use brown and wild).
Vegan cheesy beans and rice step by step
- Fry onion in butter till soft.
- Add mustard seeds and garlic and fry till aromatic.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook till the beans are about to break down and sauce is thick and cheesy.
- Serve as is or with sliced jalapenos for a bit of zing!.
recipe by Keandra Doig @cookpad