Vanilla Butter Cakes filled and Frosted with Whipped White Chocolate Rasberry Ganache. Puree rasberries and salt in a blender or food processor. Pour the cream over the chocolate and whisk it until smooth then set it aside. Pour ganache over the top of the cake and White Chocolate Cake with Raspberry and Chocolate.
John Whaite shares his recipe for a light, fruity layer cake with chocolate ganache and simple sponge. For the chocolate ganache: Heat the heavy cream to boiling. Pour over the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. You can cook Vanilla Butter Cakes filled and Frosted with Whipped White Chocolate Rasberry Ganache using 17 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Butter Cakes filled and Frosted with Whipped White Chocolate Rasberry Ganache
- It’s of FOR WHIPPED WHITE CHOCOLATE RASBERRY FILLING AND FROSTING.
- Prepare 16 ounces of white chocolate, chopped, do not use chips.
- You need 2 cups of fresh rasberries, or thawed frozen rasberries.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need of FOR VANILLA CAKES.
- You need 3 cups of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk, I used whole milk.
- Prepare of TO DECORATE.
- Prepare 4 of or more fresh rasberries.
- Prepare of valentine sprinkles.
This White Chocolate ganache filling is also great as filling or icing cakes. If you're covering your cake with fondant, this icing is perfect to go beneath the fondant. The ganache mixture can also be used to make chocolate truffles. For this, you would allow the ganache to chill in order to harden.
Vanilla Butter Cakes filled and Frosted with Whipped White Chocolate Rasberry Ganache instructions
- MAKE WHIPPED RASBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE FILLING AND FROSTING.
- Puree rasberries in a food processor or blender.
- Strain them, pressing to extract all juice, discard seeds.
- Heat cream until hot, pour over white chocolate in a large bowl, let sit one minute then stir until smooth.
- Stir in rasberrie juice and vanilla and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- MAKE VANILLA CAKES.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray cake molds well with bakers spray. Alternatively thiscake batter will make a 2 layer 9 inch cake or 24 cupcakes adjusting the cooking time for either.
- Whisk in a bowl the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat sugar and butter until creamy, add flour and milk and stir just until moist, beat in eggs and vanilla just until blended.
- Divide evenly between cake molds.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes until a tootpick comes out just clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans then release carefully from molds and cool completely.
- Whip the chilled Rasberry White Chocolate mixture until light and fluffy.
- Fill center of each cake with some filling.
- Sandwich 2 cake halves together. This will make 4 cakes.
- Frost each cake with the frosting.
- Decorate with a fresh rasberrie and valentine sprinkles.
recipe by fenway @cookpad
White chocolate is not my first choice of chocolate that I would choose. However, ganache will harden in the refrigerator, so let it soften slightly. Ganache is a simple mixture of melted chocolate and cream. Delicious on chocolate or white cakes. Cool until thick enough to use as a glaze; or, cool completely and whip to desired spreading consistency using an electric mixer on.