Molasses Spice Cookies. Now you have molasses spice cookies, so good! The Incredible Hulk of molasses cookies. This recipe for these cookies is barely adapted from Cook's Illustrated's Best Recipe Cookbook, and is.
Here is her recipe The molasses cookie recipe you need to bookmark for every holiday season. Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until cookies are puffed, cracked, and just set around edges. Share: Rate this Recipe These cookies make a great after-school snack or lunch-box treat. You can have Molasses Spice Cookies using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Molasses Spice Cookies
- You need of Wet.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s of Dry.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Nothing is better on a cold day than a warm molasses spice cookie; try making these to taste it for yourself! Molasses Spice Cookies from Cook's Illustrated. Bake the cookies one sheet at a time. If baked two sheets at a time, the cookies started on the bottom rack won't develop the attractive cracks.
Molasses Spice Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter on stove or in microwave.
- Combine butter, sugar and molasses.
- Set mixture aside, allowing it to cool a little in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Remove wet mixture from fridge and stir in the egg.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet batter a little at a time until fully mixed..
- Form dough in roughly golf-ball sized balls..
- Optional: For sweeter, crisper cookies, roll the balls in sugar before baking..
- Bake on greased cookie sheet for 9 to 10 minutes..
These warmly spiced molasses cutouts don't disappoint those familiar holiday cravings. Around this time of year we start thinking about silken pies, decadent cakes and cookies formed into whimsical. Homemade soft molasses cookies with crackly tops are super chewy and perfectly spiced. Molasses cookies have always been my top choice because they bring me right back to my childhood. Dry, tasteless molasses cookies belong on a Christmas tree, not in a cookie jar.