You can cook Payes using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Payes
- It’s 3 liter of of water.
- It’s 300 grams of of Kheer rice or Basmati rice.
- It’s 2 liter of of milk.
- Prepare 1 kg of of Date Jaggery.
- It’s 6 piece of of Cardamoms (crush them in mortar and pestle).
- It’s 1 of Few Cashewnuts and Raisins (as per your preference).
Payes step by step
- Boil water in a pot.Add Kheer rice or Basmati rice.Boil for 10-15 minutes..
- Add milk to it.Boil for 10 minutes (till the milk is boiled to half of its quantity i.e if u add 2l milk then boil it till it becomes 1l)..
- Then add Date Jaggery to the mixture and boil it for 10 minutes..
- Off the burner or stove.Add crushed Cardamoms,Cashewnuts and Raisins to the mixture and mix them well..
- Serve it hot.Although cooled down payes has also good flavour.
recipe by Subhashree @cookpad