Vegan rice kheer.
You can have Vegan rice kheer using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan rice kheer
- Prepare 1/2 cup of basmati rice.
- Prepare 3 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 3/4 of jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of cashew nuts and raisins.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
- Prepare of For garnishing.
- You need 2 tsp of chopped almonds.
- You need 2 tsp of chopped pistachios.
- You need as needed of dry rose petals.
Vegan rice kheer step by step
- First of all heat a cooker and roast the cashew nuts and raisins in the oil and keep them aside..
- In the same oil add a bay leaf and wait for 20 seconds and then add water, salt and rice and cover the lid and wait for 4-5 whistles in low flame..
- After removal of the gas automatically from the cooker then add the coconut milk, jaggery and roasted dry fruits in it..
- Allow it to boil for sometime and then add the cardamom powder in it and mix it well..
- Then switch off the flame and your rice pudding or kheer is ready..
- Serve hot or chill by garnishing with some chopped almonds, pistachios and dry rose petals on it..
recipe by Bobly Rath @cookpad