Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free). A Moroccan style rice salad to serve as a side. If following a gluten-free diet, be sure that all of your spices are suitable. Adapted from a Suzanne Gibbs recipe.
Serve salad warm or at room temperature. Anyone who has a healthy appetite will quite enjoy this vibrant salad. We have mixed a riced cauliflower together with sprouted beans, pomegranate seeds, and chopped up fresh veggies to create a healthy, protein-packed dish that will not only satisfy your hunger but also keep any sweet cravings at bay. You can make Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free) using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free)
- It’s 2 tbsp of rapeseed or olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves finely grated.
- Prepare 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and small diced.
- Prepare 1 of small butternut squash, peeled and small diced.
- It’s 200 g of cooked chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion sliced.
- You need 50 g of dried apricots chopped.
- Prepare 3 cm of ginger peeled grated.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 250 g of basmati rice cooked.
- Prepare of Spices :- 1tsp ground coriander, 1/2tsp cumin, tumeric and ginger, 1/4tsp chilli flakes, nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger.
- It’s of Chopped fresh herbs to taste, mint, coriander and parsley.
- It’s Handful of chopped walnuts or nut of choice.
- Prepare of Pomegranate seeds.
This popular rice and tuna salad pairs well with almost any fish, chicken or meat dinner. Vary the salad by trying different vegetables for color and texture. You might find that some Moroccans toss the salad with a light vinaigrette, but we like it best with the mayonnaise-based dressing below. Nearly every main dish is Morocco is served along side several salads.
Moroccan rice salad (vegan and gluten free) instructions
- Add sweet potato, butternut squash and onion to a shallow baking tray. Add grated ginger and grated garlic to the tray, then sprinkle over the spices and add the oil, mix and make sure everything is evenly covered. Cover tray with foil and place in the oven, after 20min uncover tray and roast for a further 10-15 min until cooked and slightly caramelised..
- Soak the dried apricots in the orange juice until soft, chop the herbs and walnuts, set aside..
- When butternut mix is cold, carefully fold through the chickpeas, apricots, 1/3rd of the herbs and a handful of the rice. Add to a large serving dish, surround the salad with the remaining rice, then sprinkle over the walnuts, remaining herbs and the pomegranate seeds.
recipe by Shell Tebbutt @cookpad
This tomato and roasted green pepper cooked salad is easy to make and is a good accompaniment to a variety of tajines. It's also vegan, vegetarian and gluten free. Looking for the best Gluten-Free Moroccan recipes? Get recipes like Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken, Moroccan Chicken with Gluten-Free. Moroccan inspired lemon chicken soup with chickpeas, rice, turmeric, and cumin.