Classic Belgian Waffles. This Belgian waffle recipe comes from New York's beloved food truck Wafels & Dinges, whose owner Thomas DeGeest studied with waffle masters in Belgium. These Belgian Waffles are the best waffles ever! Taking a few extra minutes to whip the egg whites before adding them to the batter makes them extra fluffy.
Create tasty treats for indoor meals or easy picnics and al fresco dining, and experiment with exciting new ways to enjoy Belgian Waffles. Classic Belgian Waffles recipe: The lightest and fluffiest Belgian Waffles. Perfect to halve if you're not The absolute lightest, fluffiest Begian Waffles I have found. You can have Classic Belgian Waffles using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Belgian Waffles
- It’s 2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of non-stick cooking spray.
Plan on spending a couple of hours. These waffles are super crisp on the outside, light as a feather inside and so scrumptious! Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In separate bowl, separate egg whites.
Classic Belgian Waffles instructions
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions..
- In 1 medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside..
- In a second bowl use the wooden spoon to beat together the egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned a pale yellow..
- Add the vanilla extract, melted butter, and milk to the eggs and whisk to combine..
- Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not over mix..
- In third bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute..
- Using the rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Do not overmix!.
- Coat the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour enough batter in iron to just cover waffle grid..
- Close and cook as per manufacturer's instructions until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately..
Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. All right our classic Belgian waffles are done. They were super easy to make, they came out super thick and fluffy, they look amazing. My toppings that I have on this one, classic maple syrup and. It was on a visit to my husband's relatives in Europe that I was given this Belgian waffle recipe.