Fluffy Okonomiyaki. Japanese Cabbage Pancake (大板烧) : Taiwan Street Food at Raohe Night Market (饒河夜市), Taipei. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き, o-konomi-yaki) (listen ) is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients in a wheat-flour-based batter; it is an example of konamon. Raohe Night Market Street Food Taipei Taiwan Delicious Tuna Okonomiyaki A must eat when you drop by at.
Our okonomiyaki recipe provides easy step-by-step instructions for making your favourite Japanese savoury Okonomiyaki Savoury Pancake. How to make authentic Japanese savoury pancake Okonomiyaki at home. Hiroshima Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savory pancake with cabbage, bean sprout, noodles, and pork belly Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki (広島風お好み焼き) is a type of Okonomiyaki that originated in. You can make Fluffy Okonomiyaki using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fluffy Okonomiyaki
- It’s 110 grams of Flour (cake flour).
- It’s 200 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Japanese yam (grated).
- You need 1 of Cabbage (shredded).
- You need 3 slice of Pork.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 of Green onions, red ginger (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Tempura crumbs, Sakura shrimp.
- It’s 3 slice of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- You need 1 of Okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, dried bonito flakes, aonori.
Okonomiyaki can be roughly divided into three types: Hiroshima-style, Osaka-style and Tokyo-style (a.k.a. Okonomiyaki is one of my favorite savory pancake, hands down! Okonomiyaki's origin is Osaka and Hiroshima and today I'm sharing Osaka style which is more simpler and easier to make! This super thick, fluffy okonomiyaki with crispy cabbage has developed quite a fan following with the locals.
Fluffy Okonomiyaki instructions
- Mix all the ingredients from the flour to the Japanese yams as listed in the ingredients list (let the mixture sit in the fridge for over an hour)..
- Mix together the green onions, red ginger, and tempura crumbs. Add the sakura shrimp just before frying..
- To make a single portion, ladle a portion of batter into a bowl, add two ladleful of cabbage and 1 egg, and mix with a spoon 10 times (whipping air into it)..
- Heat an electric griddle, spread out the the batter 2 cm thick, and cook for 2 minutes. Lay the pork belly on top and flip over..
- Cook for 5 minutes, top with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, bonito flakes, and aonori. It tastes great with spicy mayonnaise!.
The thing to get here is the modern (pronounced mo-dan) yaki– a variation of okonomiyaki. Fluffy dough okonomiyaki is our specialty. The rich flavor from the chicken soup stock that has been cooked for three days is the secret for our vaunted taste. We also have a reasonably priced course. The Okonomiyaki restaurant called "Kiji" is extremely well-known and well-loved in Osaka.