Vickys Sweet Wild Rice, GF DF EF SF.
You can make Vickys Sweet Wild Rice, GF DF EF SF using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sweet Wild Rice, GF DF EF SF
- You need 175 grams of dry wild rice (3/4 cup).
- Prepare 50 grams of frozen peas.
- You need 3 tbsp of flaked almonds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of currants or raisins.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground almonds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dessicated (shredded) coconut.
- You need 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
Vickys Sweet Wild Rice, GF DF EF SF step by step
- Cook the rice in boiling water according to the pack instructions, adding the peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the almonds in a frying pan until golden and fragrant.
- Fluff the rice and add in the ground almonds, toasted almonds reserving some for garnish and the currants. Season with pepper and toss together gently.
- Top with the dessicated coconut and reserved toasted almonds.
- Nice side for a Morrocan main like lamb.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad