You can make Almond Milk using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Almond Milk
- It’s 1 cup of Almonds.
- Prepare 1 cup of water (to soak almonds in).
- It’s 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Date(usually 1).
Almond Milk step by step
- Place almonds in a large bowl or cup and cover with enough water to come an inch or two above the almonds. Allow to soak for 8-48 hours (I usually do them over night).
- Rinse and drain almonds under cold water..
- Place almonds into a high speed blender with 4 cups of filtered water, date, and vanilla. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until you have a nice, light, frothy, almond milk..
- Line a fine mesh strainer with a double layer of cheese clothe and slowly pour almond milk through..
- Once all the milk has drained through the bottom, squeeze out the remaining solids* to get every last bit of milk.Store in the fridge.(Up to Five days.) Makes 4 cups..
- Save the leftover almond 'meal'. You can lightly toast it the oven and then use it as a toasty, high fat and protein crunch on top of oatmeal, yogurt, or as a light snack. You can also experiment with baking with the meal, jut as your would almond flour..
recipe by Amelia @cookpad