Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies.
You can have Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies
- Prepare 12 ounces of unsalted butter, at room temperature (3 sticks).
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of large egg lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg wash).
- You need 7 ounces of seeetened flaked coconut.
- It’s of about 32 chocolate small eggs, I used Ghirdelli chocolate mini m.
- It’s of for white chocolate drizzle.
- It’s 4 ounces of white chocolate, melted, for best results don't use chi.
Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap and have ready the chocolate mini eggs.
- Whisk in a bowl the flour and salt.
- In another large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat flour in slowly and beat just until it forms a dough and all flour is incorperated. Press dough into a mass woth your hands.
- Roll the dough into golf size balls. Roll in egg wash.
- Roll in coconut to cover.
- Place on prepared pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- When they come out of the oven gently press a chocolate egg in the center of each cookie.
- Transfer to a rack tocool completely.
- Finish cookies.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over cookies and allow to dry.
recipe by fenway @cookpad