Crisp and Tender Shio-Koji Tonkatsu.
You can cook Crisp and Tender Shio-Koji Tonkatsu using 5 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crisp and Tender Shio-Koji Tonkatsu
- It’s 2 slice of Pork Loin.
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons Shio-koji.
- You need 1 of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 of generous amount Panko.
Crisp and Tender Shio-Koji Tonkatsu instructions
- Make several cuts on the outside of the pork cutlets, then pound with the back of a kitchen knife. By pounding the pork you tenderize it, and by making cuts around it you prevent it from shrinking or curling up while cooking..
- Spread 1 tablespoon of shio-koji on a shallow container. Place the pork on top, and spread 2 more tablespoons of shio-koji over them. Leave to marinate for 2 hours. If you forget it and let it marinate for too long, just wash the shio-koji off!.
- Wash the shio-koji off and pat the pork dry. Coat with flour and shake off the excess..
- Dip the cutlets in beaten egg, and coat with panko. If you are going to leave them for a while after coating them, put plenty of panko on a plate, place the pork on top, and cover with more panko!.
- Preheat the oil to 180°C, and deep fry the 2 pieces of pork over medium heat. Don't move the cutlets around unnecessarily!.
- When the edges of the pork cutlets get crispy, turn them over. If you try to turn the cutlets over when they're still soft, the coating will come off..
- Turn the heat down to low after flipping over the cutlets. Make 4 holes in each cutlet with your cooking chopsticks. This makes them cook through faster..
- When the back side is golden brown too, turn the cutlets over once again. Work carefully from this point! When turning them over pick them up and hold them above the oil for a while to drain off the oil and make them crispier..
- How do you test if a cutlet is cooked through? Pierce one with a bamboo skewer. If it won't go through then they need to be fried a bit longer. If it goes through easily it's time to take the cutlet out of the oil..
- Leave the cutlets to drain on paper towels for a while! They will continue to cook with residual heat, and become soft and juicy!.
- Slice the pork! Use a sharp knife and slice through in one go. If you cut with your knife turned a little to the side, you can see the sliced profile and it will look prettier!.
- The cucumbers are a key too! The slices on the left aren't that green yet. The slices on the right are nice and green, and look nicer!.
- Then all you need to do is to put the side vegetables on the plate. Lettuce and cabbage are the same color, so put the dark green cucumbers in between them, and colorful tomatoes to brighten up the plate..
- Please also try my amazing potato salad recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171438-super-quick-and-extremely-delicious-potato-salad.