You can have Coconut milk using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut milk
- It’s 1 cup of shredded coconut, or flakes.
- Prepare 2 cup of filtered hot but not boiling water.
- You need 1 of pitted date, optional.
- You need 1 of or.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup, optional.
Coconut milk instructions
- Place shredded coconut into blender. Add hot water (as well as vanilla, and dates or syrup if you want it sweetened). Blend for a minute or two. Scrape down sides and continue to blend for a couple minutes more..
- Pour blended coconut milk into a nut bag that is stretched over a pitcher or bowl. Let it filter through. You may squeeze the bag, or if you are using a strainer lined with a coffee filter, press with the back of a spoon to get all of the milk out..
- Pour your homemade coconut milk into a sealed container, refrigerate and use within 3-4 days..
- Save your coconut pulp! It may be used in your baking, added to cereals, oatmeal, etc..
recipe by abitvintage @cookpad