Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing. Indeed, with a rich buttery-chocolaty flavour and an awesomely fluffy texture, the cake is a delight Canned cherries are the perfect garnish for this brilliant cake, as they not only taste great along with the cream and chocolate cake, but also look brilliant against the chocolate buttercream background. Indulge yourself with this heavenly chocolate chip cake recipe that is super moist and fluffy. Perfect for a celebration or an afternoon snack!
Thankfully, this chocolate buttercream comes together quickly and makes plenty to frost a three layer cake or three dozen cupcakes beautifully. Here's my Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe. I can't wait to hear how you love it. You can cook Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing
- You need 1 of (CAKE).
- You need 200 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 150 grams of Dark chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Self raising flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Caster sugar.
- You need 2 of Eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 3/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 of (ICING).
- It’s 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of Icing sugar.
- Prepare 60 grams of Dark chocolate.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
Three chocolate cakes are layered with chocolate buttercream icing with a hint of coffee creating a very rich chocolate lover's cake perfect for any occasion. Repeat layering with remaining cake and icing; spread icing on top and sides of entire layered cake. Our easy chocolate buttercream icing recipe from Primrose Bakery is the best. Top your cakes or cupcakes than with a rich and Top tip for making Chocolate buttercream icing.
Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 180*C..
- Brush a 20 x 5cm round cake tin with butter and line with grease paper..
- Place butter and chocolate (for cake) in a stainless mixing bowl and melt over a pot with boiling water..
- Stir until combined and remove from heat..
- Add flour, eggs, sugar & milk to mixture- whisk until smooth before folding in nuts..
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, smooth the surface and place into oven for 55 minutes (or until it passes the skewer test) then remove from oven..
- Allow cake 5 minutes in cake tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Now you can work on your rich chocolate icing..
- (ICING) Place chocolate, butter & icing into a stainless steal mixing bowl and melt over a pot with boiling water. Remove from heat..
- Add icing sugar and whisk with hand mixer until smooth. Allow to cool. If you've timed it right, icing will harden just enough to spread over cooked cake..
- Sprinkle some chopped walnuts and choc chips over the top and enjoy with a nice hot coffee!.
If the buttercream looks too runny to use when trying to ice cupcakes or cakes. Rich, moist and very hard to tell this chocolate cake is grain free. I always frost my cakes with a classic buttercream. Chocolate cake is probably my favorite cake of all cakes. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (make sure the bowl isn 't touching the water).