Damie Checkered Sushi Cake For Mother's Day. Great recipe for Damie Checkered Sushi Cake For Mother's Day. I wanted to make a San Sebastian checkerboard cake with sushi rice. It's difficult to slice or mold sushi rice like a cake, so it took a lot of effort to come up with this method.
Step out of the cake box and do something a little different using this round checkerboard pan set. You can create a fun, multi-colored cake for any type of occasion, like birthdays, baby showers, Easter, Mother's Day, Halloween or the holidays. All you need is colored cake batter, the included divider ring and a little creativity. You can make Damie Checkered Sushi Cake For Mother's Day using 11 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Damie Checkered Sushi Cake For Mother's Day
- Prepare 810 grams of Sushi rice.
- It’s 1 of Sakura denbu (sweetened pink-colored fish flakes).
- Prepare 2 of Hanpen.
- Prepare 6 slice of or 1 sausage Ham or fish sausage.
- Prepare 5 slice of Smoked salmon.
- Prepare 1 of Shiso leaves etc..
- It’s 1 of Pasta (dried).
- You need of Equipment required:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Empty milk carton.
- Prepare 1 of Staples.
- It’s 1 of Plastic wrap.
To make my Surprise Inside Gift Box Cake, I wrapped my NEW Google Chromebook up in layers of Ultimate Vanilla Cake, Italian Meringue buttercream & sweet fondant details. See more ideas about Cake decorating, Cupcake cakes and Cake. Make in the colors of your choice for a perfect and beautiful cake that looks as good as it tastes.. Pretty Cakes Beautiful Cakes Amazing Cakes Mothers Day Cakes Designs Mothers Day Cupcakes Mothers Day Desserts Bolo Sofia.
Damie Checkered Sushi Cake For Mother's Day step by step
- Make the patterns and molds Cut the milk cartons into 4.5cm wide strips..
- Form the Step 1 strips into circles, and fix them with staples to make 15, 10 and 5 cm diameter circular molds..
- Wrap the part with the staple in plastic wrap..
- Make the base Mix 440 g of sushi rice with with the sakura denbu. Divide into two 30 g portions, one 100g portion, and two 140 g portions..
- Divide the remaining white uncolored rice in to one 30 g portion, two 100 g portions and one 140 g portion. Moisten the circular molds quickly with water..
- Place the 5 cm mold in the center of a plate, fill with 30 g of pink sushi rice and press down evenly..
- Add 30 g of white sushi rice on top of Step 6, and press down evenly. Add another 30 g layer of pink sushi rice and press down evenly. Remove the mold..
- Place the 10 cm circular mold around the Step 7 rice..
- Fill with 100 g of white sushi rice and press down evenly. Add 100 g of pink rice, then 100 g of white rice, pressing down evenly each time. Remove the mold..
- Place the 15 cm mold around the Step 9 rice..
- Add 140 g of pink rice, 140 g of white rice and 140 g of pink rice in that order, pressing down evenly each time. Remove the mold..
- When removing the mold, hold down the edges of the sushi rice with a spoon or your hands, and lift the mold up gently from the bottom little by little..
- Make and add the decorations. Crush the hanpen in a food processor..
- Coat the Step 11 rice base all over with the crumbled hanpen from Step 11..
- Cut the ham (or if using fish sausage, use a vegetable peeler to slice it) into strips, form a ribbon, and secure on top of the Step 14 cake with a short piece of pasta..
- Wrap the smoked salmon slices to form roses. Fix on top of the cake with shiso leaves, next to the Step 15 ribbon..
- Slice the cake Moisten your knife before slicing. The cake is quite thick, so you will need to insert your knife 4-5 times per slice. Moisten the blade each time..
- It's difficult and time consuming to slice the cake nicely, so I recommend slicing it first and bringing it to the table already sliced..
Crazy Cakes Fancy Cakes Sushi Torte Sushi Cake Sushi Cupcakes. Step out of the cake box and do something a little different using this round checkerboard pan set. You can create a fun, multi-colored cake for any type of occasion, like birthdays, baby showers, Easter, Mother's Day, Halloween or the holidays. All you need is colored cake batter, the included divider ring and a little creativity. See more ideas about Cupcake cakes, Cake, Cake decorating.