Hazelnut and apricot stuffing. Stir in nuts; fry until golden. Remove from the heat, add apricots, breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon zest. Mix in the egg and season.
Get one of our Apricot & hazelnut stuffing recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. This delicious apricot stuffing recipe from Michelin starred chef Dominic Chapman will make your Christmas dinner all the more magical. This recipe is simple to make, and you can freeze the stuffing ahead of time, allowing you to. You can have Hazelnut and apricot stuffing using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hazelnut and apricot stuffing
- You need 220 g of wholemeal breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 100 g of soft apricot.
- It’s 100 g of hazelnuts.
- It’s 400 g of Sausage meat.
- You need 2 of large onions.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 50 g of butter.
- You need to taste of Spices.
Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Heat a large frying pan and add the pancetta. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. In small saucepan, combine jam, butter, orange juice and thyme; set aside.
Hazelnut and apricot stuffing instructions
- Chop the onions and fry with the butter..
- Rough chop the hazelnuts. I used a blender. Add them to the onions. Fry until the onions are translucent. Then put aside to cool..
- In a bowl place the breadcrumbs, chopped apricots and spices. Also whisk the egg..
- Portion the sausage meat..
- Add the onions and hazelnuts to the breadcrumb mix. Mix thoroughly. Add the sausage meat and ensure it’s thoroughly mixed in. Mix in the egg..
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet and form into a log. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at gas 5..
- Once cooked allow to cool and then place in a fridge until required..
- Unwrap the log and cut into thick slices.
- Cook for 30 minutes, gas 5, flipping half way through. Serve with meal..
Cook whole bird as specified on the package. Stir in nuts; fry until golden. Remove from the heat, add apricots, breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon zest. Mix in the egg and season. Put the apricots in a saucepan with the sherry and heat to steaming.