Mostly Vegan Sushi—Thai Style Kimbap.
You can cook Mostly Vegan Sushi—Thai Style Kimbap using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mostly Vegan Sushi—Thai Style Kimbap
- It’s of Brown or White Rice.
- Prepare of Mung Bean.
- You need of Quinoa.
- You need of Rice Vinegar.
- It’s of Roasted Sesame (Unsalted for Beginners).
- You need of Carrot.
- You need of Avocado.
- You need of Radish.
- Prepare of Tofu.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- You need of Kimchi.
- Prepare of Lemon.
- You need of Bulgogi Sauce.
- You need of Roasted Seaweed.
Mostly Vegan Sushi—Thai Style Kimbap step by step
- Wash 1 scoop of rice twice, and add sprinkle of mung bean and quinoa.
- Prepare various ingredients. Chop cucumber, radish, carrot, and lemon top. Skin, de-seed, and shred. This can be done by hand, but is tedious and time consuming. Useful tools here include a toothed peeler and a julienne shredder..
- Season a side of fish or avocado, if available. Thawed frozen filet with herbs and spices under olive oil, or John Hancock your own orange chicken, shrimp, etc. All it takes is a little bit..
- Season cucumber wedges with lemon pepper. Slice tofu into small strips and pepper with Southwestern Spice blend, Tajin or Lime Seasoning of choice..
- Mix small bowl of kimchi with slices of lemon, drizzled with BBQ sauce.
- Take steamed hot rice and cool. Preferably use big bowl set in glass pie pan with ice for quicker results. Mix in a generous amount of rice vinegar and add a add a small amount of roasted sesame, if desired. Not too much!.
- Lay out a rolling mat and roasted seaweed, slathering evenly with a small strip at the end open for sealing. Lightly pepper with ふりかけ, and lay out a heavy amount of radish and carrot, cucumber, kimchi, lemon, tofu, and fish (if you have it). Jam it full of soy sauce glaze, wasabi paste and thai mayo for fullest flavor. Local favorite sauces are welcome, too..
- Using the kitchen knife, delicately balance the ingredients and roll it over itself, using the mat to tighten the rice around the innards. Rework the mat over the sealed cylindrical shape as a whole..
- Slice the sushi roll into bite sized pieces. Ponzu and Wasabi pictured (but not necessary). Sliced ginger with Jasmine, Black or Green Tea for a tasty accompaniment..
recipe by Max Delbrück @cookpad