Vegan cake (no allergens).
You can have Vegan cake (no allergens) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vegan cake (no allergens)
- Prepare 30 g of dates.
- It’s 30 g of dried figs.
- You need 30 g of puffed quinoa.
- You need 5 g of water.
- It’s of Base.
- Prepare 20 g of lemon juice (juice from half lemon).
- You need 100 g of honey.
- Prepare 150 g of cooked chickpea.
- It’s 400 ml (1 can) of full fat coconut milk.
- You need 60 g of coconut oil.
- You need 60 g of coconut butter.
- Prepare of Flavours.
- You need 150 g of blueberries.
- Prepare 150 g of strawberries.
- It’s 150 g of blackberries.
- You need of Coconut flour.
- You need of Chocolate layer.
- Prepare 70 g of Chocolate mass.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Orange zest.
Vegan cake (no allergens) instructions
- Using a hand blender, blend the dates with the figs and the water, until you have a paste. Incorporate the puffed quinoa and place it as the first layer on a springform pan (18cm diameter). Put it aside.
- Blend all the base ingredients together until everything is mixed very well. Divide the base in 2 or 3 equal parts, depending on how many layers or flavors you want to have.
- I’ve used frozen berries, that I’ve thawed in a pan on the stove. Blend the berries with the base and add coconut flour to get a ticker base, that won’t easily pour (I’ve added 2 tablespoons but if you use fresh berries you might have to add more). Add this mixture to the quinoa base and place it in the freezer for about 2hours. Repeat this step with the other berries..
- For the chocolate layer, melt the chocolate mass on water bath (bain marine) with the coconut milk and the orange zest, until you have an easy pouring paste. Place this on top of the cake. As the cake will be frozen, you need to move fast as the chocolate will get tick fast.
- Before serving, take the cake out of the freezer and keep it a room temperature at least 4h ahead, or place it overnight in the refrigerator.
recipe by Ioana Avram @cookpad