Vegan cake (no allergens).
You can make Vegan cake (no allergens) using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan cake (no allergens)
- You need of dates.
- It’s of dried figs.
- You need of puffed quinoa.
- You need of water.
- It’s of Base.
- Prepare of lemon juice (juice from half lemon).
- It’s of honey.
- Prepare of cooked chickpea.
- You need of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare of coconut oil.
- You need of coconut butter.
- You need of Flavours.
- It’s of blueberries.
- Prepare of strawberries.
- Prepare of blackberries.
- You need of Coconut flour.
- You need of Chocolate layer.
- It’s of Chocolate mass.
- It’s of Coconut milk.
- Prepare of Orange zest.
Vegan cake (no allergens) step by step
- Using a hand blender, blend the dates with the figs and the water, until you have a paste. Incorporate the puffed quinoa and place it as the first layer on a springform pan (18cm diameter). Put it aside.
- Blend all the base ingredients together until everything is mixed very well. Divide the base in 2 or 3 equal parts, depending on how many layers or flavors you want to have.
- I’ve used frozen berries, that I’ve thawed in a pan on the stove. Blend the berries with the base and add coconut flour to get a ticker base, that won’t easily pour (I’ve added 2 tablespoons but if you use fresh berries you might have to add more). Add this mixture to the quinoa base and place it in the freezer for about 2hours. Repeat this step with the other berries..
- For the chocolate layer, melt the chocolate mass on water bath (bain marine) with the coconut milk and the orange zest, until you have an easy pouring paste. Place this on top of the cake. As the cake will be frozen, you need to move fast as the chocolate will get tick fast.
- Before serving, take the cake out of the freezer and keep it a room temperature at least 4h ahead, or place it overnight in the refrigerator.
recipe by Ioana Avram @cookpad