Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing. This rich and delicious make-ahead Mushroom-and-Chestnut Stuffing with Giblets from Anthony Bourdain gets flavor from fresh herbs. Sautéed mushrooms and onions, parsley, cooked chestnuts (I used the vacuum-packed kind, but tinned ones would work well too), and some The end result is a really, really tasty stuffing. It's soft and moist inside (the chestnuts are perfect for giving that lovely texture), but really nice and crispy.
Mix well, then add broth until the stuffing is quite moist but not overly soggy. The Best Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes on Yummly Dairy-free Herb-stuffed Mushrooms, Rich And Crispy Cracker-stuffed Mushrooms, Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms. You can cook Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing
- It’s 1 loaf of whole-grain bread.
- You need 175 grams of green or red lentils.
- Prepare 75 ml of vegan butter.
- Prepare 3 of medium onions (diced).
- Prepare 5-6 stalks of celery (diced).
- It’s 3 of medium carrots.
- You need 400 grams of chestnut mushrooms.
- You need 1 package of chestnuts.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 of flax egg (see my recipe).
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of fresh chopped sage (can lightly fry if you have time).
Vegan Stuffing with Mushrooms – traditional bread stuffing with mushrooms, celery, and lots of herbs. A definite must for your Thanksgiving table. Thanksgiving dinner is one of those epic meals that I look forward to all year. My plate looks a bit different these days then it did.
Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing instructions
- Get a decent loaf of bread and cube it the night before and let it dry out. If you are pressed for time spread out the cubes on a baking tray and set your oven to a low temp (around 100 C) and bake for 30 minutes. Turning half way through..
- When you are about to make the stuffing. Start to cook your lentils. It takes about 30 minutes to do so, giving you plenty of time for the rest of the stuffing..
- Preheat your oven to 180C..
- While you lentils cook. Cut and dice your celery and onion first then sauté them until your onions are translucent..
- Chop up your chestnuts while you are sautéing the veg..
- Put your bread cubes in to a large mixing bowl and pour (2/3 of) your wet ingredients over evenly. Add your flax eggs to the mix at this point..
- Then add in your veg and chestnuts. Mix thoroughly. It should be of a consistency where it wants to stick together, but isn’t runny. Use stock as needed to achieve this..
- Grease a baking dish with a vegan spread. I use Flora..
- Transfer everything to baking dish and pat it down with the back of a spoon so it is evenly spread..
- Cover with foil. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes..
- Take the foil off and crank the oven up to 220C, then cook some more for about 10 minutes or more. You want a golden crusty top..
The mushrooms make this stuffing rich, earthy and flavourful. We made this for Canadian Thanksgiving this week, It was light and everyone raved about it. Vegan stuffed mushrooms are easy to make and packed with fresh herb-y, garlicky, citrus-y deliciousness. These little guys are great served as party finger food, a starter or a light main dish when paired with a fresh salad and crusty bread. What makes this vegan stuffed mushroom recipe stand.