Easy Shortbread Mince Pies. These Christmas mince pies are super easy and make a great alternative to the traditional mincemeat recipe. Spoon the mixture into the mince pie tins. These easy mince pies are taken to the next level with the addition of dark chocolate chips.
I have gone for a very simple macaroon topping that is made in. Click for the easy step by step picture recipe & you'll never look back! Nothing screams Christmas more than Mince Pies right?! You can make Easy Shortbread Mince Pies using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Shortbread Mince Pies
- Prepare 225 of g/8oz cold butter, diced.
- You need 350 of g/12oz plain flour, sifted.
- Prepare 100 of g/3.5oz golden caster sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 280 of g/10oz mincemeat.
- It’s 1 of small egg.
- You need of icing sugar, to dust.
Dan Lepard's vegan-friendly gluten-free avocado Christmas cake (Recipe here). Get crafty this Christmas with our favourite festive projects. From preserves to mince pies, these (edible) heartfelt homemade gifts are sure to impress your. Made of three ingredients, this simple shortbread crust is easy works for pies, cheesecakes, tarts, and so many other desserts.
Easy Shortbread Mince Pies instructions
- In a large bowl, add the cold diced butter to the sifted flour..
- To make the pastry, rub together with your fingers until combined. Then mix in 100g golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt..
- Combine the pastry into a ball – don’t add liquid – and knead it briefly. The dough will be fairly firm, like shortbread dough. You can use the dough immediately, or chill for later..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C/392F. Line 18 holes of two 12-hole patty tins, by pressing small walnut-sized balls of pastry into each hole..
- Spoon 280g mincemeat into the pies..
- Take slightly smaller balls of pastry than before and pat them out between your hands to make round lids, big enough to cover the pies. Top the pies with their lids, pressing the edges gently together to seal – you don’t need to seal them with milk or egg as they will stick on their own. (The pies may now be frozen for up to 1 month)..
- Beat 1 small egg and brush the tops of the pies..
- Bake for 20 mins until golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then remove to a wire rack..
- To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar. They will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container..
Just three ingredients is all you'll need to make this shortbread crust. They are most likely ingredients that you already have stocked in your pantry, too! This is how to make lovely mince pies without any stress. The pastry is super easy to work with and a delight to eat. Place in lightly greased patty tins and spoon the mincemeat evenly into the pies.