Simple and Delicious! Fluffy Osaka-style Okonomiyaki.
You can have Simple and Delicious! Fluffy Osaka-style Okonomiyaki using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple and Delicious! Fluffy Osaka-style Okonomiyaki
- You need 1/2 of Cabbage.
- It’s 100 ml of Nagaimo yam (grated).
- You need 1 of Aka-ebi (red shrimp) or dried ami-ebi.
- You need 1 of as much as you want Thinly Sliced Pork belly, Squid, Shrimp.
- Prepare 150 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 200 ml of Water.
- Prepare 3 of to 4 Eggs.
- You need 1 of packet Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Umami seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Green onion (chopped) (you can also use frozen one).
- It’s 1 of Tempura crumbs.
- Prepare of For finishing.
- It’s 1 of Okonomiyaki sauce.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Bonito flakes, aonori.
Simple and Delicious! Fluffy Osaka-style Okonomiyaki step by step
- Shred the cabbage first and then chop it finely (as illustrated in the picture)..
- Put cake flour, dashi stock, salt, and ajinomoto seasoning powder in a bowl..
- Add water and eggs..
- Grate nagaimo taro into the bowl and mix it well..
- Add the cabbage, green onions, aka-ebi, and tempura crumbs..
- If you're using any seafood, add them at this point..
- Place the pork in a pan and pour in the batter you just mixed..
- You can cook it up well by flattening and shaping the batter with a spatula..
- If you're not good at flipping it over, transfer the okonomiyaki to a plate once and put it back to the pan with flipping it over, as illustrated in the picture..
- Cook until the both sides are browned and the inside of the okonomiyaki is cooked through. (Pierce it with a bamboo skewer or a chopstick, and you can tell that it is cooked through if the white-ish batter doesn't stick to it.).
- The inside should look like this. It's fluffy, delicious okonomiyaki..