Ham Fried Rice. HAM FRIED RICE — Fried rice tossed with soy sauce, scrambled eggs, diced ham and veggies. I don't know what they put in Chinese take-out that makes it taste so good. Fry the rice and ham in the oil and soy sauce to give it some texture and flavor, then add veggies and egg!!
We like to have it as a side dish and sometimes the main dish. Delicious Ham Fried Rice, quick and easy! We like this on Sunday morning as a brunch item. You can have Ham Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ham Fried Rice
- It’s 2-3 cups of a day old cooked rice.
- It’s 3 of shallot.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of candle nuts.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s as needed of Ham.
- Prepare of To taste Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Sweet soy sauce, about half tsp to 1 tsp (to taste).
- It’s 1-2 of green onion, sliced.
Transfer ham to eggs and set aside. In same skillet, add final TBS oil. Our ham fried rice recipe is one the entire family loves. Hawaiian fried rice is our favorite use for leftover ham.
Ham Fried Rice step by step
- Grind shallot, garlic and candle nuts to make paste..
- Heat a little oil in a wok/pan..
- Saute the spice paste until fragrant. Add green onion. Stir. Put on the side of the pan..
- Add a little more oil in the pan. Beat eggs lightly. Pour into the pan. Stir the eggs to make scramble egg..
- Add ham and mix everything in the pan (spice paste and eggs). Stir for a minute..
- Add the cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper. Flatten the rice out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes..
- Add the sweet soy sauce. Mix until everything well combined. Have a taste. Add more salt if needed..
- Serve immediately..
- You can buy candle nuts at Asian grocery stores or online on Amazon, Ebay or Etsy. But if you don't want to be bothered, just omit it, instead you can use macadamia nuts for subtitute..
- Sweet soy sauce is needed for this recipe..
recipe by Pawon Indo Bule @cookpad
Split pea soup is awesome, but ham fried rice is next-level leftovers. Push rice mixture to sides of skillet, forming a well in center. Pour eggs into well, and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. This easy, ham fried rice recipe is such an awesome weeknight meal. Vegetable egg and ham fried rice recipe – easy, healthy and delicious one dish recipe with step-by-step image.