Spritz cookies. Spritz cookies are also similar to shortbread cookies, but spritz cookies usually contain an egg. Eggs help the spritz cookies hold their shape when baked, so they don't crumble like shortbread cookies. Spritz Cookies are a Holiday Classic Cookie Recipe!
These cookies bring back SO many memories! When I was little, there was really only one kind of cookie we ever made, and they were spritz. We had a copper cookie press with a. You can cook Spritz cookies using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Spritz cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Food coloring(use the icing food coloring).
- You need of Holiday sprinkles.
This tender spritz cookie recipe is very eye-catching on my Christmas cookie tray. The dough is easy to work with, so it's fun to make these spritz cookies into a variety of festive shapes. Spritzgeback Cookies – Swedish Butter Cookies – Pressed Butter Cookies. Spritz Cookies are crisp, fragile, and buttery tasting.
Spritz cookies step by step
- Heat oven to 400°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, salt, egg, vanilla extract and a few drops of food color(use the icing food coloring). My reason for saying that is you don't want to change the dough to being more runny than a soft dough..
- Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate with holiday sprinkles..
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.* Creative mix-ins or decorations will make each batch of spritz cookies one that’s uniquely your own. Drizzle with melted chocolate, mix in chopped nuts or dried fruit, sprinkle with sparkling sugar, color them to match the season. Enjoy.
What Christmas holiday cookie plate would be complete without these. Spritz Cookies Recipe & Video. click for printable page. Spritz Cookies, also known as Swedish Butter Cookies or Pressed Butter Cookies, are a very popular Christmas cookie, not only in. Spritz cookies are a classic Christmas cookie! With roots in Germany and Scandinavia, they're a simple butter cookie pressed into festive shapes and topped with all sorts of garnishes.