Vegan carrot cake.
Ingredients of Vegan carrot cake
- Prepare 8 oz of or 2 Carrots.
- You need 8 oz of soft brown sugar.
- It’s 9 fl oz of sunflower oil.
- You need 1 of large Orange.
- Prepare 9 oz of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of apple sauce.
- It’s Half of a teaspoon of bicarbonated soda.
- You need Teaspoon of Mixed spices.
- It’s 10 oz of Icing sugar.
- Prepare of Lemon curd jam.
- It’s 1 of squirt of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Walnuts.
Vegan carrot cake step by step
- Grate the carrots.
- Grab a mixing bowl and add the Flour, Orange juice and zest,Brown sugar, Baking powder, Oil, Apple sauce, Bicarbonated soda and Mixed spices and mix in with the carrots..
- Bake in 2 loaf tins.
- While that's baking grab a bowl and add Icing sugar and the lemon curd and a bit of lemon.
- Boil the kettle and put a butter knife in a glass.
- Spread the icing on and put the walnuts on top the hot knife will help.
recipe by Arronus @cookpad