Datemaki for New Year's.
You can cook Datemaki for New Year's using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Datemaki for New Year's
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 bag of Hanpen.
- You need 10 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 5 grams of Honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
Datemaki for New Year's step by step
- Use a knife to cut the hanpen into 2 cm cubes..
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until the smooth..
- When done with the blender, gently strain the mixture through a sieve twice..
- Line a shallow metal tray with parchment paper. Pour Step 3 into the tray. Let it sit for 10 minutes to get rid of air bubbles..
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 200°C oven. Lower the temperature to 180°C and bake for another 2 minutes..
- This is what it looks like when baked..
- Put the browned surface on the bottom and place on a sushi mat. Tightly roll it up. Make sure the uneven surface of the sushi mat is facing the inside. If possible, please use a bamboo mat..
- Once it's rolled up, keep the mat closed with rubber bands to keep the shape. Leave it for at least 2 hours..
- And the fluffy, moist, delicious datemaki is complete!!.
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad